Transferring the Equity in Your Home
There are many reasons why people need to transfer the ownership of a home. As one party remains on the title it is not a straightforward transaction so it is advised to use an experienced conveyancer.
Transferring the ownership of a property means adding or removing a spouse (or other close relative) and can have many pitfalls; that’s where Hillyer McKeown can help you, offering all the advice and reassurance you need in a language that you understand.
Our Award Winning Team Will Help You Transfer Equity
We are more than aware that transfer of ownership isn’t always an easy decision and may not be one that is taken lightly, that’s why our friendly and helpful team work closely with you to ensure you are fully aware of the many complex issues you may face. Our experienced team is known for explaining situations clearly, giving you the right information at the right time in the process..
We can help you with things like:
- Obtaining consent from your mortgagee.
- Obtaining consent from anyone else who is currently a co-owner of the property.
- Advising you as to how to hold the property for example, as joint tenants or tenants in common.
- Completing the property transfer and register it at HM Land Registry.
- Confirming registration to you, the new owner, and the mortgagee.
What our Clients Say
We have used Hillyer McKeown before and will use again. Straight talking, good response to questions.
Mr and Mrs O’Connor, Chester